Finally one for us
I make quilts and give them away, so a year and half ago I began to make one for us. It would get set aside for awhile here and there while I made something for someone else etc. At first the block were all sewn together, then I realized it just wasn't "big enough" so I tool all the blocks apart and sashed them with the black (from a Jenny tutorial of course) and then it really popped. It was 5 x 7 in size so it just didn't "equal" close to a square for our queen size bed, then I thought I will use the left over jelly roll strips to make a piano keyboard for a "row". Again I took it off - it made it too out of sinc, so I split the strips in half and put it on two sides instead of just one YAY it worked. Now to border it, so Hunny picked out the pink to border (I wanted the bright green but he said the pink would really pop it - and it did - almost hate it when he is right!). Took it to my quilter the end of April and said we are moving the middle of May and I don't want to have to pack it away so please don't hurry on it, I want to just take it from you and put on my bed . . . oh my gosh I cried when I saw what an incredible job she did on it, she said my projects are always a joy to quilt, but honestly, its just a bunch of fabric sewn together - until she quilts it for me! I backed it with Moda Marble in Majestic Purple - its almost as pretty as the front!