The Show and Tell for Quilters
Come tell the story of your quilt
ribbon star quilt
I used a roll of "Mirage" by RJR fabrics to make this ribbon star quilt. Used Navy dot fabric for background and kona cotton navy for the border and binding. Changed up the boarder a bit and added some little stars in the sashing. Navy minky on the back. Used free motion quilted feathers and tried some ruler work in the boarder. Challenges in this quilt: using a dark fabric on the back required dark bobbin thread and some tension manipulation to try minimize the bobbin thread showing on quilt top. If anyone has a secret minimizing bobbin thread showing let me know!
40 LIKES | 230 VIEWS
Baby shower X&O quilt ensemble
I made another one of my favorite designs for baby quilts X&O. I think it is the prettiest one yet. Machine embroidered quilted diaper wipe case, Kleenex case, Paci holder and hand sanitizer makes the ensemble complete. The diaper bag was made from a jelly roll bag tutorial, but I chose to use solid fabric in lieu of jelly roll strips.
YSLPP Donation Quilt
Working for YSLPP at Utica College was a wonderful experience and although I'm now back in TX, this program is still close to my heart. I wanted to contribute something to their spring fundraiser & created this lap quilt/throw using batiks to suggest colors of spring. I used Jenny Doan's Take Flight tutorial to get started and then modified the design to include solid pieced squares.
18 LIKES | 162 VIEWS
Vignette Flowers in Bottles quilt
My grand daughter explained to me with her body language of excitement as she opened her hands widely and held a brimming smile :"I want a quilt with LOTS of COLOR." I had a real challenge and starting hunting everywhere for a colorful pattern and fabric. I settled on a quilt by a designer that I found on the Michael Miller website. The fabric is now discontinued. It was called Vignette.
3 LIKES | 15 VIEWS
This is a traditional X&O block that I sashed to make it look a little bit like butterflies. This quilt is for a friend’s daughter. I used a Moda layer cake, and a batik for the background fabric. I quilted it myself using free motion quilting on my Juki 2200 QVP mini. The fabric line is Moda’s “Wild Nectar”. It’s a twin size and I had a few blocks left over to make a matching pillow sham.
I had a ton of white fabric left over from another project and decided to search patterns to use it up when I stumbled across the windmill pattern by MSQC. I bought the triangle tool and a pack of strips called drizzle batiks and away I went. I added an extra border to the pattern to make it queen sized.
Here are a sampling of this week's most popular projects. See all of our most popular projects
Here are a sampling of this week's newest projects. See all of our recent projects