Back To Nature
My niece loves natural organic leaves and such. I had another quilt I was going to give her, but husband wanted to keep it. So this top was made in its place. The blocks are 20 in square. The leaves were cut from a cereal box pattern. I spray basted them onto the background, stitched a zig zag on the edge, then did veining to hold them down. I added a thin strip of batting in the sashing because it was wider than to leave it without the batting. During the making of this top my Bernina machine pooped out on me. Sent it off for repair. When I got it back it sounded horrible and wasn't sewing quite the same. So you guessed it, I bought a new machine, Juki this time. I wore the Bernina out. The Juki was a fourth the price of an upgraded Bernina. I finished it yesterday 1.5.2021 The size of this is 103 x 103. I quilted all the squares first then attached them with the sashing strips. My 86 yr. old mother loved it!!