My Aunt sent me this pattern. After raiding my friends red and buying the black and whites everywhere I went I got to work. After making the wall hanging I tackled the hearts. The pattern called for felt in the hearts. Since I didn't have a felt stash but did have a lot of red fabrics left I used them. In the evenings I would decorate hearts with beads, buttons and embroidery stitches. Tried not to go to the blanket stitch too much, but boy was it the easiest to fall back on. The pattern showed the stems and hearts in curves around the center heart. I just couldn't get that to look right. The heart garden came to mind because of a button project that we had done. That layout just felt right. Meander stitching in different sizes and echoing the hearts for the quilting finished this. My Aunt loves it. Here is a picture of the Hearts Garden project.