I tried some English paper piecing. This pattern was purchased at a guild meeting and altered to fit my needs. Machine quilting rather than hand piecing. I decided to use some charm squares that had been patiently waiting in a basket and went shopping for a solid ombré fabric at my local quilt shop. It was a fun, quick project and the first to be completed in 2019!
July 3, 2018 was the anniversary day of cancer free for one year. I received a photo that afternoon of my friend, a cancer survivor, giving a gift to this young lady. Yes, it was the Bee Quilt I had finished. I was asked to make a quilt label saying “New” and the date. This year the the word for her journey is “New”. I was so proud to be a part of the celebration and I will get to meet her on the 15th of this month. Yes, my heart is full and more than ever I feel this is the reason I quilt.
I am so thrilled my high school friend from way back asked if she could purchase the Bee Quilt to give to a cancer survivor. She gave me so many compliments and told me the quilt spoke to her. We can't wait for this brave friend to receive the Bee Quilt!
We have a bee keeper in our family. I love receiving natural honey every time we visit. This Bee Project will hopefully be completed by Sunday. I love adding embroidery to outline the shapes. I looked at a photo and made it my own. I used the Half-Hexagon and Wacky Web Templates.
Unfortunately I've seen a lot of surgeons over the past few years; fortunately they were brilliant and I'm a very satisfied customer! So when I realised my sewing room was overflowing with offcuts, I decide to make 'usrgical quilts' - so called because the costruction seemed to mirror the course of my latest adventure - notice the problem, diagnose the cause, decide on a solution, make a plan of action, cut, shape, patch, stitch and hopefully end up with a serviceable end product! So far I've made 4 quilts for my three great consultants and one superb anaesthetist.
Shared some English Piecing tips with my sister. She had some hexagons left over so I decided to make the most of it in a "mini" quilt. I used all the same fabrics my sister used in her quilt. I added the cool buttons to represent me and my sister and our quilting weekend project.