These are more of the fabrics from my Mom’s stash. It was just an idea borne from something else I was working on that made me think…oh! That would be so pretty to pull this green and deep burgundy floral and make something. Then because it didn’t turn out very big, I decided it must be a laprug and so I played with several quilting designs I wanted to try as fillers, but they would highlight their space.
Another in the Mom’s projects queue. Not sure how old this one is, but boy are these not the shades of pinks and greens you can find today. It was an embroidery project. Each of the larger spaces were supposed to have fancy machine embroideries. Bag that! I had heard of a way of transferring patterns using petticoat netting. I did put it in a cardboard frame as I was afraid the netting would shift and stretch. (I was right, the frame really helped. I designed a feather “swirl” and did ruler and point to point quilting in the other blocks. It really took on an Art Deco feel from which, after a search on Art Deco borders, I created the border pattern incorporating elements from the other quilting.