A great way to use up Christmas fabric or any stash fabric is to make these fun and relatively quick potholders. They can be customized for a special person or particular holiday or event. The pattern is from Plum Crazy. In each pattern is one template. I found a similar “template type” fabric at a local quilt store. I cut the template fabric to fit in my printer and copied original template. Worked great!
I bought this panel online from Amazon. It was stretched out of shape so I ended trimming off the printed borders trying to straighten it out. I Added tan boarders and on point four-patches and squares. I adjusted the depth of the tan border to try to make them fit. I ended up losing some of the points, but if you don't look to close it is ok. Doubled batted with high loft poly. Looks good with our rustic mexican decor.
Don't ask why I decided to make smaller paper pieced hangings for the front door. I guess I was bored that day. Anyway, October- Jack-O- Lantern, November- the Mayflower, December- Santa Snowflakes, on to January of a new year and a BIG 12" paper pieced snowflake. All the patterns were free on line, and most were made with scraps from my stash.
I finished this Northcott Stonehenge Starry Night Panel kit for a friend that had started this kit a year ago. She quilted the white snowflakes. She wanted to display it in her office ASAP. I quilted the snowflakes in light blue, medium blue, and dark blue. It has a light set that sits in a pocket in the back.
We needed a table runner for our 9 foot table. I used the side kick ruler by Julie Herman to cut the diamonds and triangles for this project. I enjoyed playing around with the layout and tried to include some negative space for the quilting to show. It turned out just a bit too wide so it interferes with drinking glasses during dinner. I would hate to see a glass of wine spilled in it! I finished it just after Thanksgiving so it will be put away until next year. Now I need to hurry and get something together for Christmas!
I started thinking about making a red & white quilt several years ago and started collecting charm squares. Little did I know that at the time there weren't many strictly red with white fabrics available. There is NOW! LOL I put 12 blocks together only to find out that I the flying geese weren't flying the correct direction. Silly geese!! I also decided that I wanted a queen size. All has been fixed and I quilted on my long arm. It turned out great and has been gifted to my daughter for her Christmas quilt (it will also work for Valentine's Day).