A fun and simple project to fill the time. The inside lining is actually flannel; I saw the idea on a youtube video and thought it looked kind of neat to use flannel. I think it adds to the farm charm of the tote bag too. The outside is a nice canvas material. I didn't follow a pattern persay. I just watch a few videos and mashed them up to make this.
I signed up to take a mini quilt class and had purchased batiks. but I did not have time to get them washed and pressed, These are the batiks I had chosen to use for the class. This one was more difficult, primarily because I arbitrarily changed my 1/4" seams and messed up the spacing, so I punted and tried to pull it off. I think I will do this again, but swap the blue for the purple. (This piece is approximately 14.5" x 14.5".)
I used up much stash and panel pieces and applique panels to make 12 pillows most for Christmas . One is a autumn colors rail fence pattern. Our 11th annual Church bazaar is this coming weekend so made these to put out with other items I have posted here this year. There are 2 of each pillow design but but 6 of the long narrow Christmas bulb light ones.
I signed up to take a mini quilt class and had purchased batiks. Unfortunately, by the time I got home with them, I did not have enough time to get them washed and pressed, so I used these, which were left over from a previous project. Anyway, I was pleased with the way this turned out. To be quite frank, I expected more of a "mini" than this, but I learned the concepts. (This piece is approximately 14" x 14".)
Another in the queue of Mom’s projects this one was on a back burner until she decided she could send it to the new great granddaughter in Sweden. If you are going to spend that much to send a box it might as well be full. Mom did the embroideries long ago and then it got pushed back. I just framed them, sashed it all and then quilted with small meander around the embroidery, stitch in the ditch around the frames, and a butterfly around the outside edge - because what else would you put on a bug quilt!
Made from a panel meant to be sewn like a vest over a sweatshirt . I didn't follow the pattern as I didn't like the gap by the sleeve. I cut the sweat shirt up the middle and fitted the pattern printed on panel to the shirt. Then I sewed on all the patterns in design to make it appear quilted. Another church sale item but if no one buys this it is coming back home for me.
Another in the Mom’s projects queue. Not sure how old this one is, but boy are these not the shades of pinks and greens you can find today. It was an embroidery project. Each of the larger spaces were supposed to have fancy machine embroideries. Bag that! I had heard of a way of transferring patterns using petticoat netting. I did put it in a cardboard frame as I was afraid the netting would shift and stretch. (I was right, the frame really helped. I designed a feather “swirl” and did ruler and point to point quilting in the other blocks. It really took on an Art Deco feel from which, after a search on Art Deco borders, I created the border pattern incorporating elements from the other quilting.