Another in the Mom’s projects queue. Not sure how old this one is, but boy are these not the shades of pinks and greens you can find today. It was an embroidery project. Each of the larger spaces were supposed to have fancy machine embroideries. Bag that! I had heard of a way of transferring patterns using petticoat netting. I did put it in a cardboard frame as I was afraid the netting would shift and stretch. (I was right, the frame really helped. I designed a feather “swirl” and did ruler and point to point quilting in the other blocks. It really took on an Art Deco feel from which, after a search on Art Deco borders, I created the border pattern incorporating elements from the other quilting.
This is a free pattern from Jordan Fabrics called almost a lone star. It uses a jelly roll. I added borders to make a queen size quilt to use in my camper. The quilt is 91 by 117. I also used wool batting. It is such a heavy quilt. Binding got alittle wonky with all the pulling and shifting.
I used up much stash and panel pieces and applique panels to make 12 pillows most for Christmas . One is a autumn colors rail fence pattern. Our 11th annual Church bazaar is this coming weekend so made these to put out with other items I have posted here this year. There are 2 of each pillow design but but 6 of the long narrow Christmas bulb light ones.
This quilt was in the Quick and Easy Quilts Magazine June/July 2021 Issue. I made it for my great nephew. My mother in law is no longer with us but she used to collect owls. I think this might be a quilt my niece might like/cherish. I also added pieces of my mother and father law clothing in the stars. Hope they like it.
Ok, the pattern really is called Ice Dancers. But I thought this would be neat in beach colors. I didn’t have the fabric amounts specified in the pattern and I surely didn’t need an 80 table runner so I thought I would give it a try in these colors that I had plenty on handy. My funny little fat fish I quilted into the medium blue border. The center is a small meander too look like brain coral and the outside border is supposed to look like fan coral waving along the edge.
Another in the queue of Mom’s projects this one was on a back burner until she decided she could send it to the new great granddaughter in Sweden. If you are going to spend that much to send a box it might as well be full. Mom did the embroideries long ago and then it got pushed back. I just framed them, sashed it all and then quilted with small meander around the embroidery, stitch in the ditch around the frames, and a butterfly around the outside edge - because what else would you put on a bug quilt!
My Mom finished these embroideries and asked me to assemble and then quilt the quilt for a Great Nephew's 1st birthday. It was all done on my Mom's domestic machine so the quilting is a bit shaky but she was happy and packaged it all up for my Sister to take to the birthday party. Fastest quilt ever! Will need to check my "list of chores" before I go up to visit next time!
I wanted to try making these blocks or boxes, so I looked at images to see what was out there. I saw the boxes stacked like these and then other quilts had them ‘floating’. I like both ways, so I made up this baby quilt using both ideas. It measures 39x49 after quilting. I stitched in the ditch around the boxes or blocks and stippling in the background. I also pieces my binding to add a little color around the outer edge. I used the Rhombus Ruler from Missouri Star, not sure if it’s the smallest RR but I think my strips were about 3 1/2 inches. Have a nice day -Toogie
Nearly 5 years ago we stopped in Paducah KY on a road trip home to Iowa to see family. I did visit the museum and also a Eleanor Burns quilt shop. This apron pattern is one of the items I purchased in her shop. This is my last item for the fall church sale which is this coming weekend.
Made from a panel meant to be sewn like a vest over a sweatshirt . I didn't follow the pattern as I didn't like the gap by the sleeve. I cut the sweat shirt up the middle and fitted the pattern printed on panel to the shirt. Then I sewed on all the patterns in design to make it appear quilted. Another church sale item but if no one buys this it is coming back home for me.