These are more of the fabrics from my Mom’s stash. It was just an idea borne from something else I was working on that made me think…oh! That would be so pretty to pull this green and deep burgundy floral and make something. Then because it didn’t turn out very big, I decided it must be a laprug and so I played with several quilting designs I wanted to try as fillers, but they would highlight their space.
A fun and simple project to fill the time. The inside lining is actually flannel; I saw the idea on a youtube video and thought it looked kind of neat to use flannel. I think it adds to the farm charm of the tote bag too. The outside is a nice canvas material. I didn't follow a pattern persay. I just watch a few videos and mashed them up to make this.
Nearly 5 years ago we stopped in Paducah KY on a road trip home to Iowa to see family. I did visit the museum and also a Eleanor Burns quilt shop. This apron pattern is one of the items I purchased in her shop. This is my last item for the fall church sale which is this coming weekend.
I signed up to take a mini quilt class and had purchased batiks. but I did not have time to get them washed and pressed, These are the batiks I had chosen to use for the class. This one was more difficult, primarily because I arbitrarily changed my 1/4" seams and messed up the spacing, so I punted and tried to pull it off. I think I will do this again, but swap the blue for the purple. (This piece is approximately 14.5" x 14.5".)
I used up much stash and panel pieces and applique panels to make 12 pillows most for Christmas . One is a autumn colors rail fence pattern. Our 11th annual Church bazaar is this coming weekend so made these to put out with other items I have posted here this year. There are 2 of each pillow design but but 6 of the long narrow Christmas bulb light ones.
I signed up to take a mini quilt class and had purchased batiks. Unfortunately, by the time I got home with them, I did not have enough time to get them washed and pressed, so I used these, which were left over from a previous project. Anyway, I was pleased with the way this turned out. To be quite frank, I expected more of a "mini" than this, but I learned the concepts. (This piece is approximately 14" x 14".)
Ok, the pattern really is called Ice Dancers. But I thought this would be neat in beach colors. I didn’t have the fabric amounts specified in the pattern and I surely didn’t need an 80 table runner so I thought I would give it a try in these colors that I had plenty on handy. My funny little fat fish I quilted into the medium blue border. The center is a small meander too look like brain coral and the outside border is supposed to look like fan coral waving along the edge.
Another in the queue of Mom’s projects this one was on a back burner until she decided she could send it to the new great granddaughter in Sweden. If you are going to spend that much to send a box it might as well be full. Mom did the embroideries long ago and then it got pushed back. I just framed them, sashed it all and then quilted with small meander around the embroidery, stitch in the ditch around the frames, and a butterfly around the outside edge - because what else would you put on a bug quilt!