This was a panel from a friend who like me just moved to a retirement community. However, she is not adjusting well and has started give away some of her sewing supplies. She said her little place has no room for all her supplies. So, I finished this panel and as she is part of our quilting group that has a bazaar. It will be offered for sale. The back is angel print. I added the gold and teal and brown to the panel and quilted around each framed photo in panel.
I made Bookmarks for my niece, who is a professor of English. It is based on a pattern called Ribbon Box by Michelle Engel Bencsko. Quilting designs on figured fabric mimic the fabric design. Plain fabrics have other designs. Hand pieced, hand quilted, 55” x 65".
My brother was undergoing cancer treatments. Us 4 sisters decided to gather and make him a quilt. Wrap him in sister love! One sis cut 10’ squares out of flannel yardage. We gathered at my house and 2 sewed while 2 stacked colors for us and then cut the rag lines. Is turned out huge. Was a challenge to wash and dry it! Completed in one day and the next morning we took it over to him. I do believe he was moved and enjoyed it with the time he had remaining. Remember - dont wait. We are not promised a tomorrow.
I saw a picture of a bright colorful quilt and thought I’d like to try to make one. I wanted to use leftover military fabrics of tanks, helicopters and Jeep’s for center row. I’m not sure how well I like how mine turned out with these fabrics. I hope I like it better once it’s quilted. I had a small piece of this fabric left from a quilt I made in March. I thought I would use it all up here but still have a small amount left. It’s not enough for binding unless I make a scrappy binding and that may be just what I end up doing as I hate waste. If anyone knows the name of the pattern I’d like to know so put it in a sticker note please. Thank you- Toogie
It started from the Rock Star pattern in the October 2017 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. Using up all those long strips of fabric. The pattern calls for using all 1.5 inch strips, but I just squared up the strip and used random widths; which was fortuitous as I didn’t have to worry about matching up seams when I sewed the triangles together! Yippee! I sewed strips in like colors and sewed strips and sewed strips. I did try sewing together little pieces to get the triangles but finally decided that was just too much. So, I saved them incase I needed a specific color. I first followed the pattern, but then branched out for the color spectrum ones. And finally using the last of the pieces for a very random lap rug. Did some point to point in the stars and everything else was medium meander.