My son and family just finished building a new cabin on their property “up north” in the lower peninsula of Michigan. My grandchildren love going there winter and summer, and are always telling me about their trips. However, when they were younger, they had trouble saying the words “up north”. All four of them said, “up nor-uff”. Thus my name for this quilt. The pattern for this quilt is actually called “The Up North Quilt” by Pen-Paper Patterns, so when I saw it I knew I had to make it! I bought a kit online, and substituted the Michigan fabric in place of the kits fabric used in the little camper. It was professionally quilted by a friend. It was well received by all!
I bought this beautiful Lonestar quilt top off of Etsy years ago. I love the colors. It was 61" square. I added extra borders to make it 73" x 79". I quilted it with a Wasatch Design called "Sherbert" and used Omni Blue Ice thread and Hobb's 80/20 batting. I hand bound it. This quilt will be a gift for my daughter's friend.
I bought the florographix online to make a quilt for my stepson(23). When I received it I realised there was way to much pink in it for a man but I didn’t want to waste it. I started sewing using the stars & stitches pattern. As I put it together I realised how cool it was looking & started seeing my youngest daughter (27) with it. Just waiting for lockdown to end so I can organise a long arm quilter.. I think this needs something special not just straight lines from my machine :)
I won this jelly roll in a drawing and when I saw this pattern I knew it would be perfect for this precut. I pieced the backing with fabric I had on hand. It will be donated for a charity quilt auction for a local children's hospital.
I saw this pattern a while ago and loved it but thought it was complicated to do. When I pulled out the pattern and read the directions I realized it was only a disappearing 9 patch done on point with white fabric. I had been collecting some Kaffe Fassett fabric and decided this was the perfect way to use it. So that fabric became the focus of each block with coordinating other fabric from my stash to make the blocks. I used a white on white fabric between the colored blocks. I used fabric of Kaffe Fassett for the back. A local LAQ did the quilt pattern. I used multi-colored binding to finish it off. I love how it came out. A very happy quilt.