My son went to Beirut, Lebanon in June 2022 to visit a friend. While there he wanted to bring me back a gift of fabric. All they had was upholstery fabric and he bought 4 yards. When he brought it home I thought it would make a great one block wonder. Well, the fabric is heavy, hard to work with. Seams don’t line up and are very thick. I got tired of it and I let it sit for months. My son kept asking when I was going to finish it. Well, I finally did. He’s happy and I’m happy it’s done.
A person in our club shared this. It looked fun so thought I would try it. She had a complicated move everything pattern to follow so I just tried turn all the outside blocks 180 in their spot. Yep, worked just fine and didn’t have to turn the center. In Jenny’s tutorial she does turn her center so her stars are a bit different. I thought they made bow ties, I didn’t see the stars anymore so was glad I’d left it the way the club pattern had them. Then came the layout, could do it so you had a checkerboard pattern or an apple core type secondary pattern. Did an all over medium meander.
I made this thread catcher from a pattern out of The Quilt Bee book from Bonnie and Camille. It’s holds all my frequently used notions. The floral fabric is from the At Home collection. The navy pin dots is Dwell, and the aqua polka dots is Riley Blake.
My niece is expecting this September so I needed to make a baby quilt she could use when she goes to the gym with the baby. I have rheutmatoid arthritis in my hands so stufiing the puffs would not be easy. I used dream quilt, cut them 5" and double the squares to make them real puffy.
Each month we got another set of directions. I behaved for the first few rounds, but then I went rouge! Did finish with their last directions. My card trick was hard as of course it didn’t include the weird size I needed. Again did some outline to make the piecing stand out and filled in all the background with a small meander.
I had this military fabric and found a free pattern from Maywood Studio and thought I’d try it. It’s called Settee Throw. I didn’t use the templates or ruler they suggested, just their idea. Mine measures 62x80. It will go to a veteran when quilted. https://d1nvdmt0osh3cv.cloudfront.net/media/stash-item/file/s/e/settee_pattern_roses_on_the_vine_sm.pdf
These were a bunch of charms through a pieces of paper. I whacked them all out and sewed them up into the same pattern. Then using the rest of the charms as themselves, I laid out this design. Not catching until it was all finished that one of the little critters had a mistake! Figured it might make for a fun “treasure hunt.” A medium meander through out the backing and of course the outline of the design squares to make it all pop.
Saw this in the Love of Quilting March/April 2023 and thought these older fabrics would make up really well. It went to gather really well. The long curvy white spaces really called for feathers. Which I then echoed and filled in the leftover spaces with pebbles. All piecing is outlined to make it poof. I seem to be on a make the pieces poof quilting style. Just really like how it makes it all stand out.
This is a free pattern. Blocks are huge! 18 inches. It is supposed to have a colored cornerstone in the sashing, but I liked mine without. Then I added a different border. Using up more of my fabric snippets! It is now waiting for me to find a backing. Will repost when it is finished.