I bought this panel online from Amazon. It was stretched out of shape so I ended trimming off the printed borders trying to straighten it out. I Added tan boarders and on point four-patches and squares. I adjusted the depth of the tan border to try to make them fit. I ended up losing some of the points, but if you don't look to close it is ok. Doubled batted with high loft poly. Looks good with our rustic mexican decor.
Don't ask why I decided to make smaller paper pieced hangings for the front door. I guess I was bored that day. Anyway, October- Jack-O- Lantern, November- the Mayflower, December- Santa Snowflakes, on to January of a new year and a BIG 12" paper pieced snowflake. All the patterns were free on line, and most were made with scraps from my stash.
I finished this Northcott Stonehenge Starry Night Panel kit for a friend that had started this kit a year ago. She quilted the white snowflakes. She wanted to display it in her office ASAP. I quilted the snowflakes in light blue, medium blue, and dark blue. It has a light set that sits in a pocket in the back.
I took a photo from my garden and had it made into a fabric panel (at spoon flower). I then quilted it TO DEATH. I used double batting and 6 different colors of thread. I could not rip out mistakes because it left terrible marks in the fabric so it was a one shot wonder. Kind a cool look, almost 3D. It was a fun way to practice FMQ, but the pebbles were a bit tiring, There is so much thread in this that it can stand up on its own.....
I made this panel many years back and never found a good place to hang it. This year it is at the end of our hallway on the linen closet door, which has some sewing stash by the way. The stocking was made by my granddaughter when she was about 8 as she wanted grandma to show her how to sew, cut and put a pattern together. She has a eye for design and does lovely art work. A good memory for our family.
In 2018 one of my resolutions was to sew all my quilts that year from fabric in my stash. I was more successful than I expected and it really wasn't that hard to do. "Ella" was the last quilt pieced in 2018 and came from my stash of batiks. I had a large number of cream batik 4" squares that I had cut for another quilt and the other batiks had been collected over the past 6-8 years. The pattern called for using charm squares but I changed all the squares to 4".
This is my 1st wall hanging, and I have to say I enjoyed the quick project! I was able to complete the majority of it during the holidays. The value in the fabric, easy to understand instructions and the fact it comes complete with back and batting makes this a quality kit. The hard part.... deciding where to hang it. This is also my 1st time FMQ feathers. Designed by Rachel T Pellman
I made this wool felt advent calendar for my grandson, who just turned 2. My Mom had made a similar one for my children years ago and it was a fun annual tradition. I found a pattern similar to the one my Mom did on line. I combined some of the ornament patterns from the new pattern with some of my own and some from my Mom's tree. Hopefully this will bring wonderful memories to the next generation.
We found out this year while decorating that our Christmas wreath did not fit properly on our front door. I decided to take the left over fabric from my tree skirt, my double wide dresden ruler, and made one myself. The bow was made using Rob Appell’s bow tie tutorial on YouTube.
It's a Hearty Gift for the front door. I couldn't resist, sorry. A free paper pieced pattern on Pintrest, Heart Gift. The fabrics are from a fat quarter pack I picked up last year. A stash buster, There are no measurements on the pattern, so since I was doing more than one heart, I measured and made a list to make the process easier.