**Update: 7/21/22, I finally finished this project! (Made it into a table topper.) I have been working on this since December 2020…so I’m a bit slow! :) The backing I chose for this is a cherry print, and the binding is a solid red.**I had some red paisley Scrumptious fabric left over from a precious quilt backing, so I decided to cut the left overs into 5" squares. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I ordered a fat quarter bundle of four different colors of The Good Life line from Bonnie and Camille. Since I love doing a crazy about of half square triangles, I went for it! Lol I have tossed the pattern around a few times, and decided to simply make pinwheels, using all the colors together. (Kind of a scrappy look) I will be sewing on this project during the week of Christmas. I also want to wish all my quilting friends a very Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy, New Year! Many blessings to all of you! (2020)
AUDIOADI wanted me to repost this quilt top, once it was quilted and I totally forgot, until I was looking back at my post. Here is is, just free motion meander or stipple. Showing the backside too. Holding up to the light, the top design shows through, but not when it’s on the bed. I hope you see this Audioadi!
I picked up this quilt kit last fall hoping to have it done for my daughter for Christmas but of course life got in the way. So I decided it would make a great birthday present. Once I got the main pieces put together, I didn’t like the fabric that they used for in between the roses so I checked around and found something I liked better, and replaced all the in between pieces, then of course I had to find a different border fabric and a different out border to finish it. By the time I got it all put back together I had to have surgery done on my left shoulder and couldn’t do a lot of sewing or ironing. So although my regular quilter would have done the quilting for me I knew she was very busy and didn’t want to add any extra pressure on her so I contacted Missouri Star and then said they would do it and get it back to me in time for my daughter’s birthday. I received it back last week and got the bindings done and finished putting it on this afternoon. Thank you very much Missouri Star for all your help.
My son has been rooming with the same guys through 3 years of collage and then 2 years a grad. School. So the last 2 guys got jobs and will be leaving the area. I made this quilt for one of them. The other roommate took one from their apartment that I made. The quilt is 72 by 89. And I used a layer cake. The layer cake was Secret Stash Cool Tones 10" Squares Laundry Basket Quilts for Andover Fabrics.
This is a bedspread that I have created from reproduction 30's and 40's fabric. I have used the Missouri Star pattern that is called Cross Your Heart. I needed a bed spread that would compliment the 1940's style room that it was going in. It was a fun and easy pattern to follow and I love how it turned out.
The flag and printed squares were a panel. Actually I was given 2 panels just alike, so one of the printed squares, is from the second panel as I needed 10 printed squares. I was uncertain what to do with them but this is what I came up with. By the way, I love the check/gingham don’t you? Size is 63x81 and will go to a veteran. The dark border color is a blood red but looks almost black in the picture. I hope you all have a nice day quilting or not-Toogie
I made this Senna pattern quilt during a quilt along by the pattern designer, Alexandra Bordallo (@alextilalila). I made this quilt for my cousin. I quilted it with My Creative Stitches Fiddlesticks design. I added another row and two borders. 72" x 95"
Hello! Someone sent me a picture of an eagle panel framed with this border. I didn’t know the name of the border but I could see it was quarter square triangles. However, being unfamiliar with the border I didn’t realize the top and bottom have to be mirrored QST from the sides. Navy and white opposite sides of each other, when making the squares, so I ripped and re-sewed 44 QST squares! I also had to cut my panel to 19x29 because it was so distorted, may have been end of bolt. So I started building with the red strips. The white really makes everything pop. Thanks for looking. Size is 60x 84 and will go to a veteran when quilted.