This baby quilt is made from leftovers from 3 other quilts. Later Alligator, by Sandy Gervais, Windham Basic Brights, and Hooray by Patrick Lose. I made one that was all Later Alligator, and just finished the second one that still needs quilting. This turned out well and is bright to intrigue an infant or toddler. I backed it with a blue minky and used a blue thread in case some minky might pull through. I'm making two burp cloths with some left over flannel and matching fabric. The pattern is by Amy Smart, one of her 3 free star pattern off her blog.
I was so excited to get this quilt started, loved the colors and the pattern, but.....after it was finished, I hated it. Am I the only one who has this dilemma? I had it stored away so I wouldn't have to look at it. Until an opportunity came along to donate it for an RV Samboree. Apparently, the colors were perfect for the new owners. They loved it, Something they had been looking for for some time. I glad I waited for this one to find a new home with love.
This is another quilt for the local nursing home. My aunt does bingo games for the residents every week, and the coverall prize is a lap quilt. I do as many as I can, those residents love their bingo! All fabrics were stash/scraps except the pink. I quilted this on my domestic Janome.
We did a 5,000 mile road trip this summer visiting friends and family. A long time friend and past coworker of my husband's retired to Tennessee. We had such a wonderful and relaxing time with them. They have a painting with these colors in it...so hence this quilt. This was fabric from my stash. I love the teal blue with the fall colors. I used minky for the backing and wheat thread for the quilting.
This is a very old printed panel that I picked up somewhere no doubt at a estate sale. I toyed with not doing anything with it for awhile or just using it on the back side of another quilt. Finally after finding some black & white checker material I decided to just finish it and made it a wall hanging. I have some fabric pens if I decide to do the family tree or I may just give it away to some of my older friends who would appreciate this sort of item. Yes if you look at my stuff I did use some of the checker stuff to make cloth pumpkins which are already posted.
About 3 years ago I went to a estate sale that advertised much sewing supplies. There was a whole room full of stuff in no particular organized manner. In one corner was a huge pile of stuff. When I asked why it was so piled up they stated it was trash. At the very front was a large shopping bag with what appeared to be a sewn quilt top. I pulled the tangled dirty thing out and saw it was savable. Washed it and cut the fraying seams, restiched a few and pressed it many times to get it flat. When I asked how much they told me a $1.00 as it was trash. Donating this to Bowl Pink which helps local women who face cancer.
This very sweet Mom has five boys...and Jackpot..a Baby Girl. I made this very pink quilt for her. I used cuddle Lux for the backing. The fabric is A Vintage Adventure by Riley Blake. This was a fun pattern to make from Amy Smart. Love making flying geese 4 at a time. So quick. I really had to put on my thinking cap for the stripe geese legs.
Designed by Howard Marus for Moda, it's kit #46241 for "Collections for a Cause". This 2017 kit was dedicated to The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA.org) in loving memory of Gene Stewart, a beloved member of the Moda family. This is my 14th quilt, made between October 2018 & April 2019. My sister (she's Bothtwins here on Quilts by Me) and I have worn Hawaiian shirts for decades during the Seattle summers, which sometimes last as long as 3 weeks in a row although this year (2019) summer lasted the entire month of September! We chose The Sunshine Kit as our first joint quilting project. It was a hoot, and figuring out that back-collar-front-collar business was challenging ~ bouncing ideas off eachother is great for solutions. The finished size is 92 X 93", bigger than the original pattern which ended at the red border, which was the original binding. Then I added 3 floral borders for the width/length I needed for my queen bed. Our top-stitcher, Lyn at camlynquiltsDOTcom, did an edge-to-edge pattern with a curl and a swoosh called 'Repunzel', a pattern she said she could use to stitch around all the 3-D collars. The front collars are free-standing from the shirt fronts. No wonder they were problematic, both to us stitching them and Lyn trying to quilt around them. About half way through the project one of us said "wouldn't it be cute to put buttons on the shirts?" and Lyn said "don't do it before I quilt it" (of course not, duh!) and they are SO CUTE with buttons! If you have a button box this is the perfect time to use it. I also used my friend Karen's button box, because that's a lot of tiny buttons! Thanks Karen! It's suprisingly hard to find 4 or 5 buttons that are the right size and color for 20 tiny shirts. I have so much fabric left over. I bought extra for the borders, then bought more because I didn't like those. I ended up using extra back-side for one of the borders and the binding, so I have plenty of other colors to make cuffs for some pillow cases and maybe another quilt, too, lap size or baby. SO CUTE for a baby quilt, without the buttons of course. posted 102419