I saw Bonnie Hunter's step by step instructions on making her Carolina Chain Quilt. I wasn't in the mood to set the 2 blocks on point so I played around with them and came up with this design using 2" squares from Nana's donation. Hope a child likes it!
I made this for my 4yr old grandson who needed a longer quilt for his naptime at Day Care. He is now into dinosaurs. I went into my stash and came up with this design. I only bought backing from our local quilt shop to finish this. Hope he loves it and has fun looking at all the dinosaurs and fossils (on the back) on the quilt. The dinosaur fabric is from the Moda collection from a few years back - Jurassic Jamboree. Finished size is 44 x 53.
I used Jenny's Double-Slice quilt pattern to whip up a quilt for a colleague having a tough time. I wanted it to be bright and happy and wanted to use something from my stash. I had always loved these fabrics, so it was an easy choice. I'd had the fabric so long that I don't even remember the name. It is backed with Shannon. I bound it in red polka dot, which I thought was fun. This one is in the mail! I hope she feels loved when she wraps up in it.
When my daughter was in 5th grade she went to camp. One of the projects was fish paintings. It has languished in a box for YEARS! But now, with my quilting skills improving I came across it again. I asked my daughter if it would be okay to quilt it, and then she could frame it. She was excited that I even still had it. I am after all my Mother's daughter and do have a bit of a stash myself so of course I still had it! The fish is quilted with variegated thread and the "water" is cream to blend with the background.
These delightful machine embroidered squares were purchased by my friend from our local Red Cross store. She kindly gave them to me to make into something special. I had the perfect flannelette fabric to make a suitable cot quilt. I will most likely donate this to the Perth Children's Hospital, WA Australia.
I used one of Donna Roberson's 3 yard quilt patterns from her 2021 pattern book and modified the borders. I used Kaffe Fassett Cactus Flower fabric for the focus fabric and the blue is part of Moda's Grunge fabric (Blue Sky - I think). The purple was a blender fabric from our local quilt shop. Love how it came out.