This piece was strip pieced first, 60 degree triangles cut and then the six triangles sewn together. The quilting is concentric "hexagons." No. 19 of 52 of my "I Walked the Line" Personal Challenge. (If you are "following" me on this challenge, more info posted on my website nlowequilts.com
I made this quilt to commemorate the 40th wedding anniversary of my husband and I, which is this month. Most of the fabric was from my stash, except I had to order a bit more light colored fabric and additional burgundy fabric for the backing.
I love hexagon quilts and wanted to make one that was actually a hexagon shape instead of a square! This quilt is 159" around and the quilting is 1/8" apart spiral "polygons" in the "Mood Ring" itself. Not very easy to do on a domestic machine that has a lot of bulk! Someday I'll own a mid or long-arm . . . LOL! No. 20, 21 and 22 of my "I Walked the Line" Walking Foot Challenge. You can see more of my quilts at nlowequilts.com
More placemats but I put these as the back side of my Wine placemats. This was a panel I have had in my to do supplies for a very long time. The panel was called Follow the Sun. A copywrite panel design by Lisa Audit Licensed to WP. www.wilmington prints.com I love these also as I do have a Sunflower art photo hanging in my kitchen near our table.
My Mom had a pile of little block packets from her local fabric shop. She kept part and sent along these. (I quit making them when I had the number needed) With a little finagling of the fabrics I came up with these 12. Bordered with more of the fabric and bound with a purple from my stash it turned out pretty cute. Also from my Mom's stash was a lot of the Ultra Suede fabrics. Quilted using a large meander. They are making fabulous backs. Will go to a nephew and wife who are expecting their first in August.
I constructed a quilt with the strip method and had a bunch of 2" squares left over. I put them together to make 4-patches which grew into a 20X24" piece of fabric. I also had leftover backing and binding from other projects that had the same bright happy feel. I made this sewing mat to brighten my sister's sewing room. The pockets are a great place for glasses, seam rippers, scissors etc...
These were most of the "leftover" blocks after making the Boat Pond pattern. I cut them down a little to get them to "fit" together then had to decide how to arrange them. I did not want to use any more fabric, so my edge points are all cut off, but this was an audition block to test out what kind of quilting I wanted to do and to see if my thread colors would work with it. I'll use it as a wall hanging and/or hang it in the front door. I also like how the back looks - gives me some ideas to play with (someday).