It really is pumpkins on cream fabric. This is a Cluck Cluck Sew pattern. I've made it on grey background and this is the second one on cream. Both are lovely, but the cream is more traditional. I'll probably make a few more of these because they are fun--but you'd better pay attention. I had a few dates with my seam ripper.
For as long as I have known my brother-in-law Jerry, every home he has moved into, he has done at least some remodeling so I thought a Carpenter's Star would be a perfect pattern. When I asked what colors he would like, he told me serene and peaceful. Well, since serene and peaceful are feelings, not colors, that made picking out fabrics a bit of a challenge. I found this beautiful batik that had jelly fish and another that looked like turtle shells and what is more serene and peaceful then turtles and jellies? So here is my brother-in-law's serene and peaceful quilt!
So, back in the day, I purchased two of these kits. My fantacy was to have matching quilts in the kiddo's room and in our room. Alas, kiddo said he'd rather something different. No biggie. I went ahead and made both quilt tops with plans on returning to them at a later date to add borders etc etc. In a drawer they went. Plans changed... again. I completed one quilt for a raffle, and someone else fell in love with the other quilt. Therefore it is being made into a queen size quilt and shipped off as a gift. *sigh* Still need to make my bed a quilt.... LOL!!
This Navy panel was passed on to me as I love working with panels. I found just enough navy emblem, scrap fabric in a scrap bin, to fuzzy cut my Star center. Hubby didn’t like just the black gold and blue, so I added the flag fabric to frame the panel and again in outer border, to give a little more color. I’m not overly thrilled with the look but I hope the vet that gets it is. Size is a little larger than my regular 60x80- this is 68x86 -Have a nice night-Toogie To learn more about Quilts of Valor go to www.QOVF.org
I wanted to try making these blocks or boxes, so I looked at images to see what was out there. I saw the boxes stacked like these and then other quilts had them ‘floating’. I like both ways, so I made up this baby quilt using both ideas. It measures 39x49 after quilting. I stitched in the ditch around the boxes or blocks and stippling in the background. I also pieces my binding to add a little color around the outer edge. I used the Rhombus Ruler from Missouri Star, not sure if it’s the smallest RR but I think my strips were about 3 1/2 inches. Have a nice day -Toogie