I made this quilt for my dear boss, Cheryl, who is a cat lover (me, I love Bichons myself) and who decided to retire this year. With the leftover scraps of triangles, I made the matching pillow. My first attempt at a pillow... and my own layout. Due to COVID, it might be next year before she actually gets the quilt.
I just finished quilting this colorful quilt that my neighbor's daughter pieced. When the school's closed from the virus, I asked my neighbor if her three children would like to piece quilts. She thought that they would, so I picked out two of each (Mix n Match - "Fun Time" Charm Pack - Benartex - Contempo by E. Vive) and (Northcott Artisan Spirit Good Vibrations "Mysteria") charm packs. I thought the youngest (9 years old) daughter would like these colorful charms. She did a wonderful job piecing these squares (her first quilt). I added two borders. I picked this pretty floral fabric for the backing. She picked the "Chantilly" quilting pattern from Urban Elementz. This is the 12th quilt that I quilted on my longarm. 65" x 80"
My daughter wanted to make pot holders. We didn't want to free motion quilt each one individually so we made 36 blocks using the inner portion of one of Jenny's blocks. We sewed them into a 6 block x 6 block quilt top with no boarders and put it on the longarm with a wide back, a layer of 80/20 cotton batting, and a layer of metalized reflective batting. My daughter used a pantograph to do the edge-to-edge quilting. When finished I cut the blocks apart and added the binding to the 36 blocks. 18 of the blocks were squared to 11 1/2 inches square and 18 were cut and squared to 10 inches square.
This quilt has taken me years to make! I started when I was made redundant several years ago, when I saw Jenny's tutorial. Having been furloughed from work during the pandemic I started bringing out my unfinished projects and decided to finish this one. Thanks for being so inspiring Jenny.
I saw this Cozy Quilt Designs Tradewinds quilt in a tutorial on YouTube and loved the large pinwheel blocks. I used the design and then added the top and bottm pieced boarders. I had MSQC quilt this one for me. I couldn't resist requesting the swirl design for the pinwheels. They did a great job!