I purchased a layer cake with a theme from Riley Blake that I thought would look really cute in the camper. There weren't, of course, enough blocks, so I used some blanks to fill in the required amount of blocks needed. I needed 49 to make it a king size for the camper. I also added the sashing strips to give it a bit more width. It's just a front and back, no filling. Sometimes this is just enough to have on the bed in the summer time. I did "quilt" the blocks first.
Another baby quilt using the leftover fabric from parents wedding quilt. I always buy way too much. But have now finished up the majority of the fabric. YEA! I haven't gotten it quilted yet, it's off the stretcher frame and ready. I want to quilt feathers in the corners with the circles. Will see what the quilt says when I get to that point? Our only granddaughter will get the last quilt.
I asked my parents to pick out some of their favorite photos. I then soaked the sateen muslin in Bubble Jet solution. Ironed the sheets onto freezer paper and ran them through my printer. I cut them apart and placed them on the background. I used bias tape to secure the blocks down, didn't want to quilt on them. Some are blank as I asked them to write on them stories of us kids or anything that was of interest, as you can see they are still blank. I started with their wedding in middle and the two photos of their graduation. And just worked my way out to grandchildren and great grands that were with us at the time, meaning their are more now. My parents met through the Western Horseman Magazine, they were pen pals for quite a while. My Mother is from N.Y. and father from OK.
Left over jeans, with good material on the back legs and some on the front. Cut up into squares to make these baby blankets. Flannel on the back, batting in-between. This is the only picture I have, Had to get it from another computer. So quality isn't the best. Sorry
I had a few scraps left over from my Olive's Flower Market fabric, so I decided to make a quilted cushion out of it. I did a simple cross hatch quilt design with the floral fabric, and purchased a white confetti fabric for the back. I put an invisible zipper in for easy removal when washing is needed. Many of my items in my sewing nook was done in this fabric line, but so hard to find anymore!
My husband found an old quilt top in his 95 year old mother's basement. The quilt had been pieced by his grandmother but never finished. My mother-in-law gave it to me because I'm the only one in the family that sews. Unfortunately, there were some really ratty spots, rips and stains...the outer sashing was so stained that I completely removed it. I thought about adding a different border but really felt like it should remain as Mrs. Poe had sewn it...she actually used repurposed fabric; judging from the seams in the plaid fabric...must have originally been a blouse or dress...anyway, I did the best I could to finish it and plan to give it to my mother-in law....Oh, and this old fabric bled like crazy..not even 3 washings and color catchers could eliminate all of the bleeding...ah, it's finished and out of the basement. Btw, my husband's grandmother lived to 112 years old and passed away in 2010...she was amazing!